5.06.2015

Wedding Wear



I took a much needed break from lab this weekend and drove home to celebrate a dear friend's wedding. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and I loved spending time with my family and old college friends. The true success of the weekend was that I managed to pack just what I needed and neatly fit everything (including toiletries and shoes) in one single duffle bag! Over packers of the world rejoice! I know I can't be the only one who obsesses over what to wear to a wedding and spends countless hours planning outfits for a trip. My solution to this age old problem this time was to pick three outfits and stick to wearing just those. I chose one nice dress to wear to the wedding, a casual shorts and tee shirt look, and a more dressy outfit to wear to dinner or drinks. I styled the looks with bags and accessories and packed everything in one bag (yay!)





 
Pink Sheath Dress Nude Pumps Statement Necklace (similar)
Is it just me or does anyone else have the most trouble finding a dress to wear to a wedding? All the good ones are always white! If you come to my wedding feel free to wear white I will NOT be offended.  Luckily, I had the good fortune of finding two amazing (non-white) dresses during a local Dillard's clearance sale, I will be sharing the other one in another post so stay tuned. This dress is seriously the stuff of dreams for me, fitted, bright, colorful and at less than $40, affordable on my graduate student budget.  I love classic hemlines and sheath dresses are one of my favorites, classy and feminine and powerful all-in-one. This bright pink option was exactly what my wardrobe needed.  I was able to dress it up for the wedding with a statement necklace and neutral nude pumps.

My Friday road tripping outfit was a lot more low-key.  A gray skater skirt and lightweight knit top kept things comfortable and light during my drive. Which is probably why we stopped during lunch to have a mini photoshoot in front of this sign! Anyone who has spent time road tripping in the southeast can probably figure out what it says (hint: July 4th).




I played hooky with my guy on Monday so I paired a tribal print skirt and chambray top to run errands and frolic in the sunshine. It was a truly magical Monday eating lunch in the park and doing midday shopping with all of the stay-at-home wives and moms. It really is the little things that make life joyful! 


What are some of your favorite looks for a wedding weekend? Do you have any secrets to keep you from overpacking? 







No comments:

Post a Comment